Locally owned and managed, Sky View Storage is a self-service storage facility located on the north side of Three Forks, Montana, at 51 Jefferson Street North. You will enjoy a safe, clean, secure fenced facility where you have access 24 hours a day via a coded locked gate to serve your self-storage needs.
Sky View Storage provides small units (5’ x 10’) for storing small furniture, boxes, office records, tools, and other miscellaneous smaller items. We also offer ten additional sizes to accommodate complete household furnishings, tools, outdoor equipment, bicycles, motorcycles, etc. In addition, there is outside storage available for vehicles, RVs, and trailers, etc.
With many unit options to choose from, Sky View Storage will fit you with the right unit for your storage needs and budget. We look forward to serving your residential and commercial storage needs.
ALL UNITS ARE RENTED
All rentals require 1 month security deposit.
None at this time
Our telephone number is (406) 285-6621 and there is a 24-hour answering machine. Currently there is no formal office, but we will happily make an appointment to meet you to show and/or rent you a unit. You may also contact us by email at Sky View Storage. Please give us a call or drop us an email if you have any questions.
Sky View Storage offers a variety of unit sizes and rates to meet your inside storage needs, residential and commercial. Driveways are kept clean and plowed for easy drive-up access. Wide aisles between the storage buildings make the units easily accessible by moving vans. The first image below is a 5’x10′ unit and the second is a 10’x25′ unit.
The Sky View Storage facility is great for hunters and outdoor enthusiasts. Free up your garages and driveways. We offer outside spaces large enough for vehicles, boats, RVs, and other equipment. There’s plenty of room between storage buildings and outside to maneuver. And you’ll enjoy the convenience of drive-up access.
- Labeling boxes on all sides makes for easy identification.
- Seal boxes tightly with packing tape to keep dust out.
- Items made of glasss should be wrapped individually. Wrapping plates and then setting them on edge in the box is best. Fill empty space with packing material.
- Books should be laid flat in boxes that are light enough for you to lift.
- Wrap mirrors on edge in paper mats and place in mirror packing boxes. Mark them as fragile. The glass of mirrors and/or photo frames with glass can be strengthened by placing Xs across them with masking tape. Wrap in bubble wrap before packing.
- Wrap paintings in paper mats and mirror packs. Mark them fragile and store them on edge, never flat.
- To prevent curling, place photographs between cardboard and tape together.
- Break down bed frames, tables, and large furniture, if possible. Keep all the parts like screws and latches in a baggie and tape them to the furniture. Legs can be removed to conserve space. Wrap legs with bubble wrap or pads to prevent scratches.Place padding between extra leaves and tie them together. Turn outside furniture upside down prior to storing to allow any water will drain.
- Place large lamp bases and small lamps in boxes and use packing material to protect them (not newspaper which may stain items). Delicate lampshades should be packed separately. Heavy items should not be stacked on top of boxes containing lamps or lampshades.
- Clean blankets, drapes, linens, and clothing before storing and you can pack them on hangers in wardrobe boxes.
- Stand sofas and mattresses on end on a pallet.
- For holiday decorations, wrap ornaments in packing paper or newsprint. Curl strings of lights around a piece of cardboard and place lights in cartons lined with packing paper.
- If you are storing business files, leave room to walk down the center of your unit.
- Refrigerators and/or freezers should be completely dry and stored with a paper towel in the door to keep it ajar. This will keep odors from accumulating. Cooking equipment should be cleaned before storing.
- Smaller items can be placed in inside drawers or in stoves, freezers, and refrigerators and cartons can be stacked on top of them.
- Place items you may want to access toward the front of your unit and leave room to walk to the rear of the unit.
- Drain any fluids prior to storing lawnmowers or any other motorized equipment.
- Never store food or perishables in Sky View Storage units.
- Never store hazardous materials or anything that is flammable such as paint or chemicals at Sky View Storage.
- Be sure to contact us with questions you may have. We’re here to help.
Q: What size units do you have and what is the cost for each?
A: We offer a variety of unit sizes to accommodate your storage needs. We also have outside storage for RVs, boats, and other large equipment and vehicles. Rates vary by unit size, inside or out. Click here for sizes and rates.
Q: How long do I have to sign up for?
A: The units, and outdoor space, rent month-to-month. So no long-term contract is required. However, if you plan on renting for a year or more, the usual rate is discounted – you receive twelve months for the price of eleven if you pay for a full year in advance.
Q: How much notice must I give when moving my belongs out of the facility?
A: We offer month to month leases, meaning no contracts and no long term commitment. We require a 7-day notice to move out. Full details on the vacating policy will be provided for you at the time of move-in.
Q: Are my belongings covered by insurance?
A: Sky View Storage does not provide insurance for the contents of your unit. You may be able to cover your belongings with your homeowner’s insurance or you may purchase a separate policy. Be sure to check your homeowner’s or renter’s policy to see if you have coverage or speak with your agent. Some companies specialize in self-storage insurance.
Q: Do you supply locks for the units?
A: You provide your own lock and key so that you, and only you, have access to your unit. You may furnish your own lock or purchase a new lock at Sky View Storage.
Q: What are your hours of operation?
A: You have access to your belongings 24/7.
Q: What options do we have for payment?
A: We accept cash, checks, money orders, and major credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, and Discover). You can arrange to have a payment automatically charged to your credit card.
Sky View Storage at 51 Jefferson Street North in Three Forks, Montana, will not share any information collected via the website, which may include email addresses if you email us and site visitor information to be used to better your experience at our site.